- Please see Wikia:Licensing for details of the licensing on this wiki.
Here on the Gun Wiki, we have a policy about plagiarizing, as well as with images in certain areas, and in other miscellaneous categories. Under the line there is a list of rules related to copyrights you should follow.
- Copying and pasting articles from Wikipedia directly to Gun Wiki is not allowed.
- Please do not use images of replica firearms in articles, unless they are articles relating to replica firearms, or if you identify that it is a replica in a regular article using a caption, or if it is for your userpage.
- Do not copy text directly from sources for articles. Even if the website allows you to copy the text, the text still needs to be modified.
- Please do not use pictures that are logos and/or advertisements as official images here, unless the picture is for an article about the site the image was retrieved from. When uploading images, make sure to follow copyright rules.
Attribution CC BY
This license lets others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon your work, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original creation. This is the most accommodating of licenses offered. Recommended for maximum dissemination and use of licensed materials.
This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work even for commercial purposes, as long as they credit you and license their new creations under the identical terms. This license is often compared to “copyleft” free and open source software licenses. All new works based on yours will carry the same license, so any derivatives will also allow commercial use. This is the license used by Wikipedia, and is recommended for materials that would benefit from incorporating content from Wikipedia and similarly licensed projects.
Attribution-NoDerivs CC BY-ND
This license allows for redistribution, whether it be commercial and non-commercial, as long as it is passed along unchanged and in whole, with credit to you.
Attribution-NonCommercial CC BY-NC
This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work non-commercially, and although their new works must also acknowledge you and be non-commercial, they don’t have to license their derivative works on the same terms.
This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work non-commercially, as long as they credit you and license their new creations under the identical terms.
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs CC BY-NC-ND
This license is the most restrictive of our six main licenses, only allowing others to download your works and share them with others as long as they credit you, but they can’t change them in any way or use them commercially.