|"This weapon isn't functioning properly! Send it back to the armory and perform the necessary repairs to make it functional again."
This article needs to be cleaned up and brought up to Gun Wiki standards.
In 2009, the X95 was selected by the IDF to gradually replace the M16 rifle variants as the standard issued weapon of the Israeli infantry by the end of 2018.
Variants[edit | edit source]
The X95 is offered in both 5.56 × 45mm NATO and .300 BLK, as well as 5.45×39mm. Is offered in 2 configurations 330mm(12.9") and 419mm(16.4"), a 380mm(15") was offered however it was discontinued. There are also 3 extra variants:
- X95-L: Also know as Kalah, is a marksman variant with a 16.5" barrel and pre-equipped with a bipod, only semi-automatic fire is available.
- X95-R: A 5.45 x 39 mm variant.
- X95 SMG: A 9×19mm Parabellum variant has a barrel leght of 11".
- X95-S SMG: An integrally suppressed version of the X95 SMG.
- Fort-224: Licensed Version of the X95-R, only produced in small arms.
- Zittara: A proposed 5.56x30mm MINSAS version of the X95 SMG, 12 000 were ordered, however, seems to have been canceled.